What is a Good Motorcycle GPS that runs off of AA or AAA Batteries and is Waterproof?

Been riding since Feb and I LOVE Cruising Interstates and traveling to all the attractions located around Central Florida. But the GPS I use in the Car a Garmin C330 isn't waterproof, and has a short battery life.

That's why I'm looking for a GPS that can mount to my bike, is waterproof, and I can swap out batteries from Walmart or something if it dies.

Any suggestions would be apreciated.


+1 to the Zumo, but you may not have 500 bucks to spend on a GPS. Garmin makes a number of handheld models that are street route capable, but they may not be as easy to use. It really depends on the balance of user friendliness/cost you're comfortable with. Check out Garmin's website or a sporting goods store and ask someone that works there to show you what each unit can do.

I use the Garmin Legend. I suggest the Legend C. It will interface with most mapping programs so you can up load your routes from your PC. You can also track a route you want to map. You will not be able to load a route on the fly, but I never do anyway.

Garmin zumo

Waterproof, runs off the bikes battery and comes with handlebar mount.

0 comments: